Podcast Episode Show Transcript
THE LIGHT WITHIN YOU
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could stand in the presence of God right now? How would you react? I know that I would be stricken with awe and terrified at the same time. I know what the bad things that I have done in my life that put HIS Son on the cross. But I am also assured of the grace HE has given me.
Christians are called to go forth into the world according to Matthew 28:19-20; and to be a light for the lost to find their way back to GOD. You may have experienced this call yourself, but you might have asked, “How in the world can GOD use me to go against Satan and the powers of spiritual darkness?” The answer is already in you! The Holy Spirit gives you that power!
True churches that belong to GOD are considered holy places because of HIS presence through the Holy Spirit. Likewise, those of us who have already accepted Christ as our Savior are also claimed as holy ground by the Holy Spirit.
Let’s return in a moment and read from Exodus 3:1-14
Thank you for returning and let’s begin with verse 1.
(1) Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of GOD. (2) There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. (3) So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
(4) When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, GOD called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”
And Moses said, “Here I am.”
(5) “Do not come any closer,” GOD said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” (6) Then HE said, “I am the GOD of your father, the GOD of Abraham, the GOD of Isaac and the GOD of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at GOD.
(7) The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of MY people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. (8) So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. (9) And now the cry of the Israelites has reached ME, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. (10) So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring MY people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
(11) But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”
(12) And GOD said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship GOD on this mountain.”
(13) Moses said to GOD, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The GOD of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is HIS NAME?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
(14) God said to Moses, “I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
GOD is who HE is! The GREAT I AM! That speaks enormously of HIS existence. HE was there at the beginning when everything was created; there in the Temple when the veil ripped apart from the top down the moment Jesus died on the cross, and HE will be with you the day you take your last breath on Earth. HE is the GOD of everything, even for those idiots who choose not to follow HIM. HE knows the suffering Christians must endure sharing HIS Word with the lost. Know that HE is not pleased with the way they are treated.
Stand fast Christian warrior. GOD will not leave your side. Be ready and willing to be used by HIM to be a light for the lost. Do not be afraid of any of your weaknesses. GOD will bless you with the Holy Spirit to empower you to do great things. You just have to let HIM.
Join me in prayer.
Dear Heavenly FATHER,
Thank YOU for allowing me to share YOUR Word with the lost. I pray for my fellow Christians who struggle to teach YOUR way of life with the communities in which YOU have given them. Protect them from Satan’s discouraging influence and strengthen their hearts to love the lost and lead them to YOU. Remind them that they are not in this fight alone. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
I really appreciate your time and support to this ministry and just ask that you share the link with fellow believers so that others can be encouraged in the mission Jesus Christ has charged all Christians with. Have a blessed day.
Find the podcast episode on your favorite app at the following quick links for listening platforms:
#RSS Feed: https://anchor.fm/s/ed49370/podcast/rss
#Pocket Casts https://pca.st/axcyr05p
#jesusfreak #biblestudy #god #jesus #love #believe #sacrifice #grace #christian #discipleship #dailydevotional